When mixed with a polymer, carbon fibre offers increased mechanical reinforcement and an increase in modulus. The short, random fibres that compose milled carbon fibre also add dimensional stability, resulting in components that are distortion-free. Carbon fibre is electrically and thermally conductive, polymers containing short carbon fibres can be customised for resistivity. From anti-static, through static dissipative to conductive. The unsized Milled fibres are compatible with most thermoset and thermoplastic matrices
- Fibre Diameter (µ average) 7.5
- Fibre Length (µ average) 80 and 100
- Fibre Density (Kg/m3) 1800
- Tensile Strength (MPa) 3150
- Tensile Modulus (GPa) 200
- Sizing (%) 0
- Bulk Density (g/l) 400
- Packaging 17.5Kg Pillow style bags
Please get in touch for more information.
Click here for the TDS.